- Are you missing a sense of connection with your family and friends?
- Do you feel like you just can’t seem to get close to anyone?
- Is something holding you back from forming new friendships and close relationships?
- Are you in a rut and missing out on a healthy social life?
November 15, 2013 6pm ET : Ed Garcia joins SMART Recovery to present Part 2 in his “Adventurous Living” series, this Friday.
- “Intimacy generally refers to the feeling of being in a close personal association and having a sense of belonging. It is a familiar and very close emotional connection with another person as a result of a bond that is formed through knowledge and experience with that person. Intimacy is highly desired and yet thwarted and rejected by many individuals. This segment of Adventurous Living will explore the various types of intimacy, as well as the issues that prevent many people from experiencing the joy of that feeling.” ~Ed Garcia
Register today for this SMART Webinar.
This webinar may be recorded and may be made available on SMART Recovery’s podcast site.
SMART Recovery is pleased to offer free webinars on topics of interest as a public service. Please share with your friends, family and colleagues.
About Ed Garcia: Mr. Garcia has an extensive and diversified background in the field of human behavior. He holds both an under graduate and graduate degree from New York University. His post graduate work was conducted at the Institute for Advanced Study in Rational Emotive Therapy. During that time, Mr. Garcia worked extensively with Dr. Albert Ellis and became a Fellow and Co-Director of Clinical Training. He has lectured and conducted seminars at 35 colleges and universities throughout the U.S., Latin America and Europe and conducted professional in-service training seminars at more than 60 hospitals and mental health centers throughout the U.S. Made guest appearances on national television. He currently teaches at Mercer and Emory universities and is concentrating part of his time as a sculptor, featured at several galleries in the Atlanta area. Continue reading